Monday, July 21, 2014

2014 Summer Playlist

We are just in the middle of summer and what better time to post my summer playlist! This time around I’m gonna burn it into a blank CD for sure. I'm off on vacation in a couple of weeks, finally, so I’m gonna give you a little taste of what this summer is gonna sound like for me, and my very patient friends. There’s pretty much everyone I’m obsessed about in it, from Lana and Ariana to Sky and long gone Michael. No more teasers check it out after the jump.

Η ώρα που επιτέλους θα φύγω από την Αθήνα για τις φετινές καλοκαιρινές διακοπές, σχεδόν έφτασε. Λίγη υπομονή ακόμη και θα λιαστώ στις υπέροχες παραλίες της Ρόδου. Μέχρι τότε όμως, τι καλύτετο από μία καλοκαιρινή playlist, για να περάσει ο καιρός που απομένει μέχρι τότε ευχάριστα. Η φετινή playlist συμπεριλαμβάνει ότι ακριβώς θα περίμενε κάποιος που με ξέρει, Lana, Ariana, Kylie και πάει λέγοντας. Δεν εύχομαι ακόμη καλό καλοκαίρι, μιας και θα είμαι εδώ για λίγες βδομάδες ακόμη, αλλά για όσους από εσάς είστε σε κάποια παραλία, enjoy και κάντε και καμιά βουτιά και για εμάς!

Michael is alive - after two posthumous albums and a hologram performance - just dance to that fabulous track and celebrate his life / death (I hope you can detect the sarcasm here)

If you don’t know it I’m a virgo, that might explain a lot. My birthday is on 27th of August, so that’s what I’ll be listening to that day, on a loop!

Speaking of summer songs, what’s more summery than Colombian Shakira and Barbadian Rihanna’s duet? They could do better visual-wise, but the track is balls to the wall made for 2014’s summer

That saxophone riff, those trumpets are really a turn on. Such a catchy melody, such a sweetheart (Ariana). Too pop or not, Ariana is my Guilty pleasure

It’s the 5 am-after drinking too much-walk of shame track of the summer. I know it doesn’t really make sense, but I can picture myself walking back home after a hot night out.

Just like last year, I have an underwater track. This time is Disclosure’s “Help Me Lose My Mind”. Favourite of mine, big time!

That song was stuck in my head a while ago. It’s a fucking pure summer anthem, I never understood why it was released back on October

I don’t blame you Sky for releasing such a great song, but I do for filming the video in California, on such a cloudy day!

Nighttime at the beach, some bears (lemonade for me please) and Beyonce’s “Drunk In Love” on the background. Sexy as hell

I’m a huge little monster, I couldn’t exclude Mother Monster’s big 2014 hit

Jessie just released her new single “Tough Love”. It’s the lying by the pool-drinking cocktails type of song, and I’m loving it!

La Roux gives us tropical vibes with “Tropical Chancer”. One of my favourite tracks off of her newly released, already favourite of mine, LP “Trouble In Paradise”

I can picture myself dancing to Sia’s song, just like little Maddie Ziegler, on the beach.. with people watching!

About to dive deep into the blue, just like Queen Kylie suggests, with her pure perfection, Sia-penned, title track of her latest LP Kiss Me Once

Just random lyrics of “Love Runs Out” : ”..I’ll be your light, your match, your burning sun…(Ooh) I'll be running, (Ooh) I'll be running….And we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down..” do you get my point? Off course you don’t, but either way it’s on for the summer playlist

Beth Ditto goes EDM all the way. Netsky and her, gave summer a warm welcome by releasing the ultimate dance song back in June

For the party animals out there, Robyn and Royksopp have the perfect track for you

One of this year’s big surprises was British Sam Smith. He has the typical British look but such a soulful voice, it leaves you speechless. I got no money on my mind either Mr Smith

The Canadian Kiesza recorded that uptempo deep house track last summer, but it wasn’t released until this year’s April.

J to the L-O on a yacht full of half naked guys.

 It wouldn’t be an It’s All Pop 2 Me playlist without some Lana, now would it? Every bit of her new LP Ultraviolence will be played again and again, but if I have to pick just one, for promotional reasons only, I pick the title track,which is her next single

Last but not least, actually I saved the best for last. I couldn’t miss out on this smash hit. I’m happy I’m off on vacation (not yet dumbass)

No comments:

Post a Comment